Forget the chemical store bought microwave popcorn in a bag! It is not only more expensive than hot air popcorn but most brands are filled with unnecessary chemicals. Try our easy 1-2-3 tip for a YUMMY DIY Microwave “hot air” popcorn!
Tools and Ingredients You Will Need
- A Glass Microwave Safe Bowl (make sure it is a tempered glass bowl that can handle high heat)
- A microwave safe plate that fits snugly over the rim of your bowl
- 1/4 cup hot air popcorn kernels
Easy DIY Microwave Popcorn Directions
- Add 1/4 cup popcorn kernels to a bowl, put the lid on, microwave for 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 minutes until there are two seconds between pops.
- Remove lid from microwave with oven mitts
- Remove bowl from microwave with oven mitts
Eat plain or sprinkle your favorite Do You Bake? Popcorn Seasoning Blends!
Warning : Bowl and lid will get very hot. Use hot pads or oven mitts to remove bowl.
PS: You can also make DIY Microwave popcorn with a paper bag, but we found in our testing that more kernels go un-popped using a bag as compared to the bowl and plate method. We always are wary about using paper bags in the microwave because many will emit chemicals during the microwave cooking process.